Create an account

My Twitch Channel

Started my channel back up full time and will be putting out flight as well as walk-through of RAF aircraft.  I also put in a donation button (https://www.twitch.tv/twc_blacknight/about) for anyone that over time has learned anything from me about this game then by all means.  Anyway, I am determined to finish this project even though I have to move AGAIN!!!! however, this place is right down the road lol.  Hope to see more on and enjoying Cliffs and the future with Tobruk.
[Image: 107287909_10157613386652123_701115123545...e=5F29B5F1]

Beaufighter walk-through!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/636350303

1st, good luck on your move!
Dear Wife (DW) discovered that our local recycling ctr is now taking electronics, which means the CRT TVs I have been pack ratting for 20 years have to go! Moving them today, So I kinda feel your pain...

2nd, 1-1/2 hrs?
Jeez, but if you are in it for the long haul, I guess I have to watch!

2rd, I am eternally grateful for your assistance with the Beaufighter...
Newbies! 25% fuel, boost on, 50 prop, 50 rads will get you anywhere, (but will get you killed in a fight!)
In a fight under 10K, kill the boost & up props& rads to max! You got a good 5 minutes fight time
before shit gets too hot. (or better yet, manage your airplane...)

3rd, Video review, (many will see 1-1/2 hours & rather fly-but there are lessons here you need to know)
So, action starts at 25 minutes.
45-50 minutes is dead air...
52-53 minutes is a must see oblique pass at a (110?) wings blown off fireball!
(you did run a track file, yes, I want to make a movie of this pass with outside views...)
1:05 is a lesson learned that it is better to lead from behind if you have a newbie wingman (in general)
(if you do not want to lose him...)
but why red tracers,?
wasnt there an edict somewhere that red uses white or yellow?
red tracers will get you shot at by newbies!

4, What the heck was with the sights? ring folds up? What is that thingie?
(never seen it before.)

5> have 1:20 marked with a check, do not remember why, look for yourself...
(beers kicking in...)

&, 1:27, 5% flaps when fighting a 109?
Damn, I smell a whole new video on this subject...

And in final review, with a thousand questions remaining,
you had me squirming in my seat, wishing I had my Track IR
screaming, "why isn't he looking at that!"
But my biggest Q, is, why do you NEVER USE your observer view?

Case in point,
flying home damaged,
50 feet off the water,
109s behind, trailing,
& you never look back?
(What, have you got nerves of Steel?)
(or are you wearing Steel underwear?)

Never touch your Radiator leave it at 50% and manage your prop pitch!

2rd Point Answer---- Only time you open rad is at the tail end of a climb when you have no air flow. So no need pushing the Pitch the entire time.  110 by 50 by 50 is plenty!!!

3rd my son will be doing the camera of the cockpit while I engage in a fight learning to add another stream while broadcasting, going to get him on this sim by Christmas.  I have always used burgundy since il2 Sturmo 1 flying the hurricane Russian then when the MKIIB came out in forgotten battles they all had dark red or burgundy tracers.  Just use to it!

Sight folds up ???  When I set my view I shrug my shoulders then hit f12 then head is in the right spot watch the Movie Battle of Britain and when they take off from france look at the pilots head in relation to is view it is much higher.

In the Beau I am only concerned with what is in my site will try another 110 and 109 hunt in the morning!

At slow speed on the deck most the 109s and 110s are no issue.

Latest Lesson on Spitfire MK I 100-- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/636914909

Hi Knight

On a totally unrelated topic, how the heck are you able to get that graphics into your signature? Before I was accepted into the TWC, I was still a registered user of the forum and was able to use a graphics for my signature. When everything was "reset" upon joining TWC, I had to redo my profile, avatar and my signature. Everything else went fine, but whenever I try to paste my graphics in for my signature, I get an error message saying I've exceeded the 255 character limit (see attached pic). I've tried linking an address to the graphics that I uploaded to my google drive, but that doesn't seem to work. Any assistance you can lend will be greatly appreciated.

[attachment=163]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=256]

Just watched the Spit MK1-100 video,
very enjoyable. Nice tour of London via the Thames...

I have avoided the MK1-100 after disappointing results trying to chase 109s with it.
Apparently I have been using the plane all wrong!

My favorite thing has always been to drop the prop to 40, & listen to the Merlin purr.
But my superiors have instructed me to always engage with max prop & rads!
The only time I ever used zero prop was an engine out/dead stick scenario for landing
thinking that zero prop was as close to feathering as I could get.

It was truly eye opening to see you climb to 17K on zero prop!

& engage He111s with zero prop? (32 minutes)
True, you had the height advantage, but zero prop? I am flabbergasted...

I must try this at the earliest opportunity...

Thank you BlackKnight!

Padre, this site doesnrt accept images like the old one. Some image sites like Imgur and possible Google it doesnt seem to accept by conventional means. I spent an hour last night just trying to load 7 images before giving up and making them attachments. Likely you will have to upload to another site for it to accept.

(06-01-2020, 03:08 AM)Sp00k Wrote: Likely you will have to upload to another site for it to accept.

I tried doing that, I had uploaded my image to google drive then tried using a shareable link. But that never seemed to work. Decided to try what you said .... I located another server where I'm using the signature, copied its location and pasted it using the "insert an image" icon when in my signature editor window. That seemed to do the trick; much appreciated Sp00k
[Image: attachment.php?aid=256]

Hey Padre and Spook hook up with me on comms will walk ya through signature setup!

Dave, only time you add prop is in a hard climb on a 109!!! But 30% is a about max had her at more, but once you lose the energy and you are not on top you gotta roll her immediately into a dive to get her cool.  Never close the RAD!!!

Anyways, I am on quite a bit for lessons in the way I fly Hurri, Spit 1 100, 1a 100, Spit II, and Beau have plenty of hours in Blenny but waiting for the Welly to get back into some bomber hours.

Posted and changed some Titles