Create an account

A bit of Skeleton Crew History!

Poking around for some memories and looky here.

http://simguildhistoryinminiature.com/about-us.html

A guy who may or may not have been a programmer of Simguild's "Flying Circus" posted a tragically fuzzy home video he took while coaching his son to fly in the FC online arena.

At one point, someone named XX-Grizzly appears briefly in the chat window.  Could be SC-Grizzly!  And at the end, there's a guy who pops up in chat named "Tusk."  Soon to be SC-Tusk?  Maybe!  Who the hell knows!?

Good grief that sim was fugly.  And so much fun.  Good times.

If my memory serves, SC-OneShot at one time used an alias named Tusk...they both had distinct and different dogfight methods and he used this to gain info on which flying style had the better effect.
Funny thing is I only remember him doing that in the Warbird days - I did not know if he did in the FC days or not.

OMG!
You brought back some memories!
My 1st Flt Sim was on an Atari Game Console.
It was just a Green field with Black sticks sticking up to fly past.
(64K Memory)
But it had a cartridge game that gave you a (basically) a white cross that was your plane,
on a square field,
surrounded on 2 sides by 2 dimensional mountains,
with a (supposedly) river dividing sides,
& you could take off, & bomb the other side!
(Hmm, explains my fixation with Bombers...)
But the best fun was trying to land the dang (cross) in a Hanger...
(Always the Daredevil...)

I believe Tusk was originally his sons moniker who didn’t take to the game as actively as dad who then assumed the alias from time to time. As his son grew older he spent more time posting on the crew site, but One shot was the more active flyer under that pseudonym.

....if memory serves me correctly..

(06-18-2020, 06:52 AM)Sp00k Wrote: I believe Tusk was originally his sons moniker who didn’t take to the game as actively as dad who then assumed the alias from time to time.  As his son grew older he spent more time posting on the crew site, but One shot was the more active flyer under that pseudonym.

....if memory serves me correctly..

I either gotta get my old man into this flight sim (i have tried, but his PC is shit, should buy him a new one) so I can experience the same.
When are you gettin your kids into the cockpit spook? could give them the moniker "Casper"

Daughters to busy with horses, son with FPS shooters and older son with girls. No one has time for Dad and his interests anymore.

I need a female horse that shoots laser beams. That”ll bring them back!