Create an account

Touch Screen Overlay

Touch Screen Overlay Comes in Various Sizes:

https://www.amazon.com/Touch-Overlay-Scr...WRSYMQ0YKY
[Image: 107287909_10157613386652123_701115123545...e=5F29B5F1]

I ordered one for a 55" OLED. I'll review it after installing it. Here's hoping...

There are a few different brands to select from... I chose "Green Touch" ($225) due to the good feedback reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/infrared-without-...ics&sr=1-1

It arrived via UPS from Amazon in 4 days. It came packaged in a shipping tube that provides extreme protection from enroute damage. Assembly is simple with the provided screwdriver and takes about a half hour on a clean, flat work surface. This frame is extruded aluminum and all led's and sensors are inside the extrusion. Again, very well protected.

I put it together, plugged it into a USB port, and started using it right away. It works better than my 73 year old fingers do, but practice makes perfect and my touch screening on the desktop is improving. I have found a pencil eraser to be an excellent stylus for setting it up, especially with small icons on the desktop. It really does work very well, especially after calibrating the touch point with Windows 10 settings. Just search for "touch" and you'll find it.

For temporary positioning over the TV, I propped up the bottom of the frame with wood scraps and attached it to the TV frame with "EZ Tack" adhesive clay. This allows fine adjustments for initial testing and calibration without serious glue or hardware. For fine adjustments to the height, use some old playing cards to get it just right.

I'll give it a week of game play, then will report back... over.

Returned to seller. I was unable to get it to work anywhere but on Windows Desktop.

An observation on touchscreen...

What I assumed would add to the immersion of flight sims turned out to be, in my opinion, completely wrong. Since the head tracking device is always changing the view onscreen, finding and touching a screen object like [Left Magneto] is anything but intuitive. Even if I "freeze" the TrackIR view, it is still a chore to find and touch any control item... it's like using my finger as a mouse on an uncomfortably large touchpad. It's also very easy to make an erroneous selection. The mouse is much more accurate than touching the screen for me and also keeps my screen much cleaner than smudgy fingertips!

I find that extra physical control devices with switches, sliders and buttons, placed properly around your office "Cockpit" add a much greater degree of realism than the touchscreen.

After reading your post not sure what ya did but mine was plug and play and worked on all plane controls.  Sorry you had a bad experience.
[Image: 107287909_10157613386652123_701115123545...e=5F29B5F1]

Back when Cliffs came out I tried it with a touch screen and it did not work at all.