Create an account

Thread of Shame--don't be shy, fess up!

Shocked 
It is my extreme displeasure to announce to everyone that I am a guilty man.

On or about Sunday morning, July 26, 2020, I mistook a Beaufighter flown by the esteemed pilot BlacKnight, for a hostile 110.  We were engaged with three of them, low over the water at St. Mary's Bay off of Littlestone.  The 110s were surely no match for BlacKnight's crack aim.  But with a single swift snapshot I disabled BlacKnight's left engine.  Too low to make it home, BlacKnight and his Beau sank into the water with dreadful finality.  In that shameful split second I lost us the fight, cost the allied forces an expensive machine, and cost BlacKnight his life.

My shame shall never fade.  People say to me in an effort to console that we all do it, that these things happen in battle.  Any consolation is short lived and undeserved.  People may jokingly mock me, rightfully so, but the laughs are forced and tinged with spite.  For I am a guilty man and forever hang my head.

S! BlacKnight. May the reset button be a better wingman than I.

Now you're a true TWC member according to the high standards and true traditions of the sqn.

At least you didn't shoot down Fatal the 1st week you were with the squadron! x.x

Now that I think about it... I was using red tracers and I don't think he knew it was me...

Track files!

Always run a track file!
(this is something I would want to see...)
Was BlackKnights single tail Beau acting in a suspicious twin tail manner?

(or was it just an itchy trigger finger?)

I am still having a guilt trip about dumping my damaged Hurri on an old Lady having Tea,
(tried desperately to put her in the Thames!)
until I saw the video, & saw I had no tail at all...

Anywho, Kudos to both you and BlackKnight for showing me new stuff,
even though I have been flying for two years now...
See you in the skies!
(but don't shoot Smile

2 years Dave? Your getting old, I've been with TWC for at least 4 and you were here before me.

Target? Has it really been that long?

(I lose track of time...)

I shall personally see to it that der Fuehrer awards you the iron cross in absentia!

Herr kendy,.

On behalf of all the allied forces and sane people everywhere, I would suggest a more fitting location upon which to mount such an illustrious badge.