Create an account

Esc Button Not Exiting to Main Menu from Cockpit

Hello all. F-ing New Guy here..... Hoping for some help - The Esc button is not getting me from the cockpit to the main menu (first time this is happening for me). I've looked for controls I may have mapped to the Esc button but cannot find a conflict. I've also searched this and many CLoD forums for answers and have attempted some fixes, such as changing Launcher compatibility properties with no joy. If you can point me in the right direction, I would be very appreciative. Thanks, Potts.

Edit: I'm also not seeing any info windows appear on my windscreen where I had them pretty decked out. Thanks!

Do you play in fullscreen or windowed/pseudo?
Do you alt tab out?
Has your game window ever crashed to like a tiny square in the corner of the monitor?
Have you saved your controls then reset everything to default to see if that (the control mapping) is the issue?

(07-31-2020, 11:28 PM)SomeNewGuy Wrote: Do you play in fullscreen or windowed/pseudo?
Do you alt tab out?
Has your game window ever crashed to like a tiny square in the corner of the monitor?
Have you saved your controls then reset everything to default to see if that (the control mapping) is the issue?
Hey SNG. Thanks for your reply. While troubleshooting yesterday, I tried pseudo and full screen in video settings at different times but no change. 
Alt-Tab takes me out of game to the Steam games page.
I don't remember a time when my game window crashed; certainly not in the last few days.
I have had a pretty awful time with losing my controls mapping where I would have to re-map just about everything, each time I sat down to fly. Fatal helped me with that big time on Thursday, when he noticed I had been renaming my confuser.ini file and manually saving it in the wrong place (I now just leave the confuser.ini file alone to do its own thing) Since then, I've had no issues with mapping (knock wood).

But, now I have the ESC button unresponsiveness issue and noticed that none of the windshield [/font][/size][/color][color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]info windows were visible (but I haven't looked into that yet)

What's the best way to reset to default? I love a good reset. Smile

Well you can rename confuser.ini to confuser_bkup.ini and it will make a new confuer.ini on next run with default settings.
Will be located at:
C:\Users\$USER$\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

I would also recommend running in pseudo mode as it helps to keep other bugs away.

(08-01-2020, 04:34 PM)SomeNewGuy Wrote: Well you can rename confuser.ini to confuser_bkup.ini and it will make a new confuer.ini on next run with default settings.
Will be located at:
C:\Users\$USER$\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

I would also recommend running in pseudo mode as it helps to keep other  bugs away.
Thanks to you, I've got my Esc button back! Much appreciated. I also made sure that I'm running in pseudo made. I'm hoping to see you guys in about 11 hours. I've pre-ordered Tobruk and I'll be looking to download it in the morning.