Create an account

Hyroda Apllication

F.Name: Hyroda

DoB: 27.09

Current TimeZone: GMT +1

GamesPlayed: IL2:BoS, BoB, CoD(B)/ RoF,/ WoP,/

Aircraft Preference: P-51D

PersonalDetails:N/A

How did you hear about us?: IL2 website.

Hey bud, welcome to the forums. A lot of the guys (myself included) are busy in the winter with real life. So my apologies if it seems a bit slow.
To be clear on your DOB, that is day/month correct? I ask as we only accept members who are 18+ years of age.
We have about half of our 100+ members who play BOS, tho it is most active on the weekends. I think I saw you on our Discord, so I hope to see you in the skies with us soon.

DOB is correct; and for your information: im much older then 18.

i would be nice, if you can tell me, what else i will need to go for practice!

Im still not own a headset, if neccecery, for example; neither im not schooled how to use it without getting trouble doing this.
I'am mainly a SP and about to enhance my skills.

what exactly is the idea behind beeing and operating inside a squadron?/

The TWC Squadron Hyroda flys as one group. We almost exclusively use voice comms to communicate with each other while online as its a necessary tool when communicating in combat. I fly in BOS as the Squadron XO so I can talk about that and one of the IL2 CloD boys can tell you what they do in Cliffs of Dover.

In BoS, all TWC pilots must fly with the Squadron flight. Any member not flying with the flight will recieve no help from the Squadron if they get on channel. We also prefer they stay silent on comms as their chatter while solo flying interferes with communication for those who fly in the group. A rare event, but occassionally it happens. This will normally follow by me calling them out and telling them to get in the group. If thats ignored, then so is the lone pilot.

We will generally fly in a group that offers a force multiplier when on the offensive. My self or a nominated flight leader (senior pilots of flight or another seeking to gain experience) will call out the target, direction of travel and altitude. Roles may be assigned depending on the mission. Usually it will be two flights. Normally a flight of attack aircraft (Jabo or light fighter bomber for allies and a flight of fighters to protect the bombers going in and coming out. The flight lead will call the egress direction and all flight members once dropped their load or free of their engagement will follow that compass direction to a nominated rally point. The fighter element will cover the bomber egress. We then rally together and the flight leader will command all flights to return to the field.

We form and take off together. We have a system in place which allows us to do that quickly and get the flight together in an orderly fashion.

There is the usual banter you would expect between pilots fo the Squadron enroute to target and on egress, however if the flight leader calls "Combat comms" communication is generally restricted for that period of the time to the aircraft being engaged or the flight leader providing information valuable to the flight.

In defensive stance, we generally all take fighters. Most take the same type to aid the flight in staying together for the duration of the mission. The flight leader again will nominate the defensive area (Airfield, etc) and all Squadron aircraft will remain in that area until the Flight leader changes the mission or directs the flight to move to a more important point on the map.

TWC irrespective of sim flown, teach new pilots to the Squadron what they need to know and aid in everything from computer problems to air tactics.

All we ask of our membership is to respect the TWC "way", its ethics and values which are not arduous. We are a very friendly group and enjoy light banter between ourselves.

The TWC in number and on task can destroy maps and be the deciding factor in our side winning. We are there to win but have fun at the same time. Winning = fun lol. We dont take ourselves too seriously most of the time. We play a number of other games and TWC members tend to band together if they have the same game. Irrespective of the game, TWC members are expected to support each other and work together. Those that stay are the ones who enjoy that kind of gameplay.

glad to here somethink about it.

as soon as i will get the headset playable and get the needed time i'll gladly participate in such operations.

is there a special Discord-Channel to discuss further aims: questions wich are belonging to that flight and so on?...

there will be a few questions i also need to know before joining into combat.

im already signed in; even into TWC_Discord-Channel.

You have access to the BOS general channel on Discord. Anything you need can go into there. Likely get a quicker response there from BoS pilots via Discord.