Create an account

Upcoming Additions

OK, so here is where we are at with getting this place nice and fancied up.

Discord is plugged in so you can see who's online. Should work forever as its hooked through .js so any forum updates shouldn't break it.

Things from the previous forum:
Lightbox resizing of images and having images expand to a gallery works.
The quick reply now has the options you see at the top when doing advanced reply to save you some time.
Quick quote, just highlight the text you want to quote and a tooltip pops up saying quote (without right clicking).

That's pretty much where I am at. I plan to also implement a drag and drop feature for uploading files so they don't just show up as attachments, but rather in the middle of your post. This would work without using BB codes. {So no having to first upload to imgur or something and add an extra step}

Also will be fixing user group not showing on the "last post by".

The forum is pretty much good enough to run once we fill out the BOS/BOX side of the forums and maybe throw up another category?
Are there any categories/forums whatever that you would like to have? 

I'm also going to work on improving everything to my {and your) standards in a closed environment on my PC so you guys dont have to watch me work through bugs hahaha.

Things I'll be working on in that:
1st: A responsive site. This way everything scales based on user resolution and device. Look at the forum on your phone... It drives me up a wall.
2nd: Custom SVG thread icons. A few of these are already made for testing. SVG icons also scale beautifully, and will be needed for a proper responsive site. (Cant be used now because BB only supports sprites, so I'll have to fix this myself)
  1. All Read Icon: Parked Spitfire facing user right
  2. Unread Icon: ????? Help me out here
  3. Thread Locked: ATC Tower
  4. Thread Stickied: ????? Help me out here
  5. Read thread user has posted in: ME109 with sights on it
  6. Unread thread user has posted in: Flaming ME109 with sights on it
When I'm aggravated from working on that and want to take a break I was also going to make some custom similes because everything must be fancy.
Any similes you would like to have?

I dont have any smilies but I love the effort your putting into the forum SNG. Outstanding stuff. I like the drag and drop idea.

Unread posts could be: a WW2 flight board.(blackboard with flights allocated to pilots?}
Stickied posts could be: An explosion or flak burst?

Hi SNG

Great work BTW

I was wondering about putting a button at the bottom of the page that would allow the reader to jump back to the top. That way, once I've read through the chain of postings, I won't have to scroll back to the top so I can then select to read the "Extras/View New Posts" option. Not so bad when there are only a few posts, but as more and more get added it becomes rather tedious to scroll up to the top again, and again.

Just a thought Big Grin

Spam Filter Smile

(10-26-2019, 07:10 AM)Sp00k Wrote: Spam Filter Smile

How do you mean? Have I missed a bot recently?

There was one, I marked it for warning.  not sure that helped or not.

?huh?

looksag was spamming about renting villas and such.  Now removed with extreme prejudice.

Ok I think we could use some TWC promotions medals and AAR files for some to read and write. With the upcoming additional content for Cliffs and Tobruk I feel this would be in order and I have asked ACG Thaine to help me get this sorted and will begin a work designed for Christmas release to implement this. More in a few days <S>