Create an account

campaign questions

Big Grin 
I have bombed Dunkerque radar #2 twice in a row...I was getting damage info after drop but it did not show up in airfield/radar damage report. Is this radar active or out of commission?

I thought that once you set and activate kbien at a set altitude they would maintain that alt to target. Yesterday Lust, Noken and I got jumped just outside of LeCrotoy, we dropped to low level and I saw some Blennies dropping and doing there air show rolls.....don't know if they where mine or not....I believe some of them dropped on target but not sure. All three of us dropped low level and got hits.  We were getting the 1000% plus damage info but this time the target was destroyed.
I will try this dropping down just before target and low level all the way on some airfields and see if I get more bombs on target.....as it is now 5 to 6 Blennies gets you about 30% with a 10 to 12 hour repair time and 5 to 7 fields and area primary targets this is going to be slow going to turn a map.....what I have got to lose.....my life.....happens high or low on a regular basis...... Big Grin

(02-24-2020, 03:48 PM)Birdtail Wrote: I have bombed Dunkerque radar #2 twice in a row...I was getting damage info after drop but it did not show up in airfield/radar damage report. Is this radar active or out of commission?

I thought that once you set and activate kbien at a set altitude they would maintain that alt to target. Yesterday Lust, Noken and I got jumped just outside of LeCrotoy, we dropped to low level and I saw some Blennies dropping and doing there air show rolls.....don't know if they where mine or not....I believe some of them dropped on target but not sure. All three of us dropped low level and got hits.  We were getting the 1000% plus damage info but this time the target was destroyed.
I will try this dropping down just before target and low level all the way on some airfields and see if I get more bombs on target.....as it is now 5 to 6 Blennies gets you about 30% with a 10 to 12 hour repair time and 5 to 7 fields and area primary targets this is going to be slow going to turn a map.....what I have got to lose.....my life.....happens high or low on a regular basis...... Big Grin

I think I intercepted you guys ... you were so spread out I couldn't tell who was live and who was Memorex. As I approached 3 Blennies they jettisoned their bombs and went into fighter mode. My aircraft didn't survive that encounter.

(02-24-2020, 03:48 PM)Birdtail Wrote: I have bombed Dunkerque radar #2 twice in a row...I was getting damage info after drop but it did not show up in airfield/radar damage report. Is this radar active or out of commission?

Did it get to 100% damage? The way these targets (and many but not all, now) work is that they will give you damage updates. And it will say how many KG dropped & how many objects/things killed.

You have to get the amounts of BOTH in order to take out the target. So maybe it says 50% objects, 35% KG. That means you've taken out all necessary objects but you still need more KG.

The KG required is generally going to be more than one Blennie load. Sic a squadron of Cover bombers on it, or at least a couple of them.

I haven't seen any Blue radar go since the change so it is possible it is bugged. But it's also possible we're using to killing it with one bomb and now it's going to take more than a load on target.

(Much as the Red radar does for Blue pilots, FYI.)

Quote:I thought that once you set and activate kbien at a set altitude they would maintain that alt to target. Yesterday Lust, Noken and I got jumped just outside of LeCrotoy, we dropped to low level and I saw some Blennies dropping and doing there air show rolls.....don't know if they where mine or not....I believe some of them dropped on target but not sure. All three of us dropped low level and got hits.  We were getting the 1000% plus damage info but this time the target was destroyed.

The cover bombers target the objective once you turn KB on but they still try to match your altitude.

We could change that if you think the other way is better. The match altitude thing was designed so you could all fly in as a formation together and have the interlocking defensive fire thing going for you.

But there are some downsides to the 'match altitude' thing, especially if you are killed. The cover bombers keep on with their run for a while and sometimes they can accomplish it, but they try to match your altitude . . and since you have been shot down, that altitude is zero. So, maybe not what we want.

(02-24-2020, 04:22 PM)Kendy for the State Wrote: I think I intercepted you guys ... you were so spread out I couldn't tell who was live and who was Memorex. As I approached 3 Blennies they jettisoned their bombs and went into fighter mode. My aircraft didn't survive that encounter.

Blennie AI are evil fighter pilots.  Maybe more Red bombers need to take Blennie fighters as their cover fighters.