Create an account

Still losing career after bailing over friendly territory

Seems to be happening a lot on the campaign server...I'll bail out over friendly territory, script will say I survived, but I still get restricted and lose my carrier.

(04-18-2020, 02:58 PM)Kendy for the State Wrote: Seems to be happening a lot on the campaign server...I'll bail out over friendly territory, script will say I survived, but I still get restricted and lose my carrier.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I finally tracked it down and it should be fixed now.

The bug was caused by fixing a different bug, which made death still happen (unannounced) in cases where the parachute failed to open.

(Campaign Server is supposed to override every time that "parachute failed to open" thing happens and allow you to survive, because it happens far too frequently based on actual WWII era records.  But that was the part of the routine that was bugged.)

Anyway, please report if it happens again.  If you bail out over friendly land, you should survive almost always--there always could be the occasional exception but it should be occasional.  Bailing out over friendly water is somewhat more dangerous and bailing out over enemy territory a lot more dangerous, of course.