Create an account

Brighton gasoline seems to have trouble

I flew to Brighton  and crashed on a house right next to it  couple of bombs  may have gone off after crash  showed civilian  casualties      I didn't think so but ok could be

today flew back again dropped about  8  bombs      tanks explode  ,  again civilian casualties ,  took a second pass hit seemed even better     again  civilian casualties   tanks still were flaming  etc

no film, but I know I was pretty accurate both times    seems like   civilians  have moved in and live in tanks  there        pretty long flight        if you find in my favor  
please   refund penalty for  blues   examine at y     our leasure     thank you   TGIF

PS

I was reviewing my old posts here and I seem like a chronic complainer ------- That is not my goal I just think you want to hear about things half the time I don't know if things are my doing or the games and its hard to tell so I mention it in hopes some one will know about it or look at it Plus I cant stand it when I miss my targets heheh

Hi Mas,

The Campaign Server is still in Testing - confirmed by the external views being on - so life and death isn't important - compared to reporting the bugs/faults/questions.

Reporting the Bugs/faults/questions does help these things get fixed - before the Campaign Server goes "live" for a release run again.  Thank you for reporting the issue Heart

The best place to report the Campaign Server faults is here:

https://forums.twcpilots.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8

Please report the things there chap.  Should look like this: (If you do not see "The Wrecking Crew Forums > Cliffs of Dover Blitz > Server Rules, Updates and Bug Reporting" let us know).

[Image: unknown.png]

OK ill keep looking I tend to bomb far away places so I stumble onto low use areas

(04-21-2020, 01:59 AM)tgif_mas Wrote: I flew to Brighton  and crashed on a house right next to it  couple of bombs  may have gone off after crash  showed civilian  casualties   

Thanks for the feedback - I adjusted this one, hopefully it will be better.

FYI all the targets of this type have this issue--the type that use CLOD's built in "triggers" to detect when the target is hit. What it does is look for CLOD to detect when certain objects in that area are destroyed and CLOD is just very inconsistent in when those objects are destroyed. You can have some very small, very destroyable objects next to a giant fuel tank when it goes off and sometimes they are destroyed, sometimes not.

In every case, if the objective doesn't trigger then it will be triggered by dropping some more bombs on target. Even if fuel tanks are exploding/burning, still drop more bombs. After the 2nd (or sometimes 3rd or even 4th) the objective will trigger.

Also this one is close to residential areas. So if bombs hit those, then they will hit. I just bombed it & dropped only on the tanks themselves and didn't get any penalty. But it is a tight one.

One thing I did was moved the difficulty up a notch for both this & the nearby Army Recruitment Station, as the fact that they are very near residential areas moves the difficulty up by some amount.

Quote:    I was reviewing  my old posts here and I seem like a chronic complainer  -------  That is not my goal  I just think you want to hear about things  half the time I don't know if things are my doing or the games and its hard to tell so I mention it  in hopes some one will know about  it  or look at it        Plus  I cant stand it when I miss my targets  heheh

No worries, we appreciate anyone who takes the time to give feedback!

thanks for looking at it it makes more sense when you hear how it works too that target has houses on one side and a little open field on the other if you attack in a certain way you improve your chances , I could drop slightly early on the field side and thus not hit houses but get close to tanks on many targets it takes a while to learn them so when I try a new one its very hard to tell what you will find there so if something seems funny you cant tell if your missing or they are bugged or what ever I don't know about others but I try a few times and then try something else that II might have more luck at . There is never enough time to try everything I am sure we all know that . You have a lot of targets for us so that's interesting as a bomber , it takes me a long time to find targets as Its a little hard to follow the info that flies by on my chat screen
I am sure that is more a personal problem as they say . when I fly I try to take a target that doesn't take forever to fly too London targets eg. Long Long flight and certain death before even dropping bomb's at least in 88 . for those a 109 is really the only practical way for me the radars seem very effective against me so high alt bombing hasn't been working the airfield and large targets are possibilities but take quite a large number of hits I am sure you ponder that number al lthe tme whats fair,whats reasonable etc . I am trying to be better at using the map coordinates from recon but its a lot of info to manage that . I think the reds are more unified but some how blues are bombing when I am not there and I see tings in the completed list , AI bombers are making life hard at my airfields I hate those bastards
I have fallen in more holes than a mouse at a swiss cheese factory very hard to see in that flat world we in habit TGIF

(04-25-2020, 01:08 PM)tgif_mas Wrote: Long Long flight  and certain death before even dropping bomb's  at least in  88 .        for those  a 109 is really  the only practical way for me        the radars seem very effective against me  so  high alt bombing  hasn't been working

We're generally having pretty good luck with taking cover bombers AND some cover fighters (perhaps more fighters if the target doesn't require as much tonnage) and then flying in VERY high like 6500m or even higher.  If your bomb site doesn't go above a certain altitude (Red bombers won't go above 20000 ft which is about 6500m) then you come in higher but then descend as much as you need, just being sure to arrive at that altitude maybe 20 km out from the target.

But coming in very high, say 7500m, makes it very hard for the enemy fighters to reach your altitude.  If you have some cover fighters they will usually keep at least a few fighters busy and away from you (110s work well as cover fighters).

Keep in mind that you have the high-alt airspawn points available.  That is how they did it in WWII (not airspawns of course but they would take off at airports many miles off of our map & already be at 6000m or more by the time they hit the edge of our map).

Also with enough altitude you can fend fighters of for a very long time just be diving away from them.

The other helpful technique is to come in below radar, with cover bombers/fighters (below 80m or so best) but then pop up to say 2000m or so at the last minute. That is high enough to be pretty well out of flack, and you are on radar for a short enough time that it's hard for many fighters to hone in on you.  You can stay  below radar until maybe 10km (or 15km, 20km) from target, they start climbing.

I've out pretty much all Blue bomber targets using one or both of these methods and it is reliable enough to make a flight to Brighton or Shoreham or Southampton etc worthwhile.  No guarantee of success of course.  But enough good chance of success that it's exciting as to whether it will be successful for not, rather than just being discouraging because success never happens.

I will add, though, that once cover bombers (and fighters) became available it became obvious that it we necessary to design objectives so as to (mostly/pretty much) REQUIRE their use.

If you set everything so as to be reasonably possible for single bombers to take out, then it is just incredibly easy and no challenge at all if you bring cover bombers & fighters.

So pretty much everything is set so as to be reasonably achievable IF you user cover bombers and fighters (and/or fly with other live pilots, either as bombers or fighters).

If I were taking out one of those Brighton targets as a priority target I would definitely take at least 6 cover bombers with, target them ALL at the same target (using the Knickebein waypoint targeted on the objective) and then ALSO drop on the target myself. I would do this from at least 2000m and perhaps as high as 6500m or even 7500m (if bomb site allows).

The combination of more tonnage dropped on or near the target by many bombers, plus the distraction of many bombers in the area--which makes both fighter attacks and flak a lot easier to survive--gives this approach a good likelihood of success and also a good likelihood to survive when you do it.

I have not used the kniclelbain set up yet so I have a disadvantage there
.i fly the 88 99% of the time and getting to 6 to 7.5 K is not that easy the bombsight is good but not for small target's they barely render before i am past them at that height much more practical for me to come low and pop up but more dangerous too . sounds like the cover method might be the way to go now I do have a question for the peanut gallery though can any one fly the practice servers or is that a TWC domain ??? .Also It would be fun to have a few ship targets they are not to numerous in the game not sure why . Ships are fun target's in some ATAG maps .( Not with standing Mr Lusthawks recent ship) video

TGIF