Create an account

Yellow and Red Notices

Sad 
Is it normal that i have been seeing on my screen, you know yellow and red notices like ( Bolounge Harbour Heavy Damaged, or penalties for destroying civilian area, things like that..) , so i drop my bombs and yellow notice appears but just for milisecond, so that i cant even read it. But when somebody else (do the job) i can see it clearly for few second and more. ALso i can see "good job red, or blue". Thanks. Sad

(05-02-2020, 01:43 AM)botske Wrote: Is it normal that i have been seeing on my screen, you know yellow and red notices like ( Bolounge Harbour Heavy Damaged, or penalties for destroying civilian area, things like that..) , so i drop my bombs and yellow notice appears but just for milisecond, so that i cant even read it. But when somebody else (do the job) i can see it clearly for few second and more. ALso i can see "good job red, or blue". Thanks. Sad

Not sure if this will help, but you can set how long the display is up before it "fades away."

Again, not sure if you know how to do this, so I'll give a brief rundown on how to do it.

1. Activate your chat window
  2. Hover your mouse cursor over the area that the message appears that you want to change, and then left click it. You should now see the "greyed" information box.
  3. Hover you mouse over the "greyed" information box and right click it. You should see a dialogue box that asks you if you a) want to customize the box b) want to close the box.
  4. Select the "Customize" option. You should now see a "Custom Info Window" box. It will list several items that can be customized. In left window at the bottom of the list, there is a "Timeout [sec]" option, followed by a number to the right. I think the default is 15 seconds.
  5. Select the number. It will now turn into a box with up and down arrows. Selecting these arrows will increase or decrease the amount of time (in seconds) before the message fades.
  6. Once you've set the desired time, select the save button in the bottom right corner.
That's it. Now the messages should appear and disappear in the timing that you set.

The "Yellow/Orange/Red" messages are the huge text across the top of the screen (HUD message top or similar - I can't remember - it has been awhile).

I'm not sure it is something the client can dictate the duration for.

If you can confirm if it was indeed a "chat window" message or indeed the "HUD" type messages - we can go from there chap.

This is not an info window you have no control over it. If you are the bomber who hit target display only shows for a micro second but all others see for 5 to 10 seconds.

I believe Birdtail is correct on this one, but I never knew different people saw it for different time.
But It made me want to post the old "HOW TO OPEN/CONTROL/USE IN GAME WINDOWS."
from the Forum.

A search revealed that this information seems to have been lost to the Old Forum...

Anyone know how/where we could recreate this information, as it is the hardest thing
(aside from gun convergence) that new people have to learn about.

(I think I still have 1,000 invisible windows open somewhere...)

& since I can't remember what I had for breakfast (& its the same every day)
one of those newbies is always "me."

TWC_BirdtailToday at 15:48
If you are bombing with Knick it just flashes for you but others see for 5 to 10 seconds

^ that was from Discord, that would be why I've not had the issue - I still have not used knickebien wizardry and have not seen this issue before. Good find chap.

mack you are Genius

Cheers chap, but it was Birdtail who discovered it Smile Teamwork for the win \o/