Create an account

New Recruit

Hi all, greetings from Australia, although I am originally from the UK before I left to live in the Middle East, followed by Africa and now Australia...(those InterPol folks certainly know how to keep tabs on you)... ;-)
Recently hung up my boots after 30 years of working, always loved flight sims (although they often lay dormant on a CD) including B17 Mighty Eighth (1st edition many moons ago), but never online until now with IL_2...Got into Cliffs of Dover via Steam, did the Campaign (easy mode with unlimited guns etc.) and then jumped online... To say I am a complete novice at online with true to life realism (+ Discord etc) is an understatement so please be gentle..lol.  My sum knowledge to date on IL-2 Cliffs of Dover has come from YouTube videos, hopefully TWC can offer me some training / handy tips in return for allegiance and watching your six... :-)

Welcome maboots. Fellow Aussie. The CloD boys should be along shortly for the induction. They will show you everything you need to know. Novice experience wont matter. Easier to mould you in our image lol.
Good Hunting.

hey there Fly_maboots welcome aboard

Hey welcome,

I don't have cliffs of Dover, but if you're in to mighty eighth, Microprose is back! They are creating a new Mighty Eighth that will be multi crew and VR compatible (also flatscreen), so I'll fly with you then for sure!

Have fun!

Hey Fylmaboots, welcome to the crew. It was great flying with you the other nights. It will be even better when you get your discord up and running (typing comms is very tedious). The CO, Fatal Error, is a wizard with helping guys with discord issues.

When you get sometime make sure to give the Command the following:

Subject line: {Recruit Username} Application
Body Text:
    F.Name (Optional - L.Name)
    DOB
    Current Timezone
    Games Played
    Aircraft Preference
    Personal Detail (Hobbies, Career, ect.)
    How did you hear about us?

And for my own personal curiosity (and totally optional), why "Fylmaboots"?

See you again in the virtual skies soon!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=256]

(07-26-2020, 02:07 AM)Sp00k Wrote: Welcome maboots. Fellow Aussie. The CloD boys should be along shortly for the induction.  They will show you everything you need to know. Novice experience wont matter. Easier to mould you in our image lol.
Good Hunting.
Thanks Sp00k for the welcome, hopefully see you in the skies.. BR, Fyl.

(07-26-2020, 03:36 AM)Thunder Wrote: hey there Fly_maboots welcome aboard
Cheers Thunder, looking forward to some further flights together. BR, Fyl

(07-26-2020, 05:54 AM)Padre Wrote: Hey Fylmaboots, welcome to the crew. It was great flying with you the other nights. It will be even better when you get your discord up and running (typing comms is very tedious). The CO, Fatal Error, is a wizard with helping guys with discord issues.

When you get sometime make sure to give the Command the following:

Subject line: {Recruit Username} Application
Body Text:
    F.Name (Optional - L.Name)
    DOB
    Current Timezone
    Games Played
    Aircraft Preference
    Personal Detail (Hobbies, Career, ect.)
    How did you hear about us?

And for my own personal curiosity (and totally optional), why "Fylmaboots"?

See you again in the virtual skies soon!
Hey Padre..!! Likewise, great flying with you also and thanks for all the tips.. I will check out the Command instructions etc... And for your curiousity... "Fylmaboots".... Fyl because it rhymes with my first name and maboots because it rhymes with a nickname given (Fylmaboots) to me by some old Rugby 7's mates who I used to drink under the table :-) ..but probably too much info for the forum (lol). Dare I ask you to fess up with the name of"Padre" from Canada? Catch you in the skies, all the best, Fyl.

(07-26-2020, 11:33 PM)Fyl_maboots Wrote: Hey Padre..!! Likewise, great flying with you also and thanks for all the tips.. I will check out the Command instructions etc... And for your curiousity... "Fylmaboots".... Fyl because it rhymes with my first name and maboots because it rhymes with a nickname given (Fylmaboots) to me by some old Rugby 7's mates who I used to drink under the table :-) ..but probably too much info for the forum (lol). Dare I ask you to fess up with the name of"Padre" from Canada? Catch you in the skies, all the best, Fyl.

Oh that's easy enough, I work as a prison Chaplain. The Correctional Officers that have any military experience always call me Padre. Big Grin

Looking forward to winging up again soon.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=256]

I thought it was from the expression "Fill Your Boots" because there is lots here to fill your boots with :-)

(07-27-2020, 02:24 PM)Birdtail Wrote: I thought it was from the expression "Fill Your Boots" because there is lots here to fill your boots with :-)
It is Birdtail. I just use it in the first person... Certainly lots in the form to "fill my boots" with ..lol

I sent you a Pm boots to lead you to Discord (if you aren’t there already) with instructions to follow so we can get you TWC access. Once on Discord go to the Cliffs of Dover Comms channels where you see the boys and they can give you everything you need for CloD there.