Create an account

TWC Tobruk TEST SERVER Questions

I was on this server tonight, and before launching, I spent some time reading the MISSION BRIEFING. It outlined the plan for the server, which was in part, to attack and occupy a specific airfield deemed PRIMARY. The briefing did not identify the base, so I was not sure which airbase to spawn at. Once in my aircraft I began exploring the TAB 4 commands. None of these commands informed me of my PRIMARY AIRBASE TARGET, nor did it inform me of any SECONDARY TARGETS. When I used the TAB-4-6 command, I received several messages informing me that:

"REMAINING RED PRIMARY OBJECTIVES:
Red has 42 attack vehicles occupying the target airport (500 m); Blue has 45 attack vehicles/artillery in the area surrounding (3500m.
Red has 42 attack vehicles occupying the target airport (500 m); Blue has 45 attack vehicles/artillery in the area surrounding (3500m.
Red has 42 attack vehicles occupying the target airport (500 m); Blue has 45 attack vehicles/artillery in the area surrounding (3500m."

I decided to take off and head to a base I thought might be one of the "target airports." After locating the base, I discovered I was wrong but decided to bomb it anyways (there were some blue target there). After bombing the base and depleting my ammo, I returned to base to re-arm. While I was there waiting for the R&R to complete, a server message appeared across my screen informing me that "Scegga No. 3" was under attack, so I decided to investigate. This was after being in the server for almost an hour. Once I arrived at Scegga No. 3, I discovered the blue ground team was attacking it and I was able to launch an assault to help repel these forces.

I think it would be helpful to inform the pilot, what bases their team is attacking, and which bases their team is defending. It would help to decide which air base to spawn at. Also, once in the game, when using the TAB-4-6 command, it would be helpful if the return message could include the name of the "target airport" so the pilot could decide which mission to fly. Maybe this information is there somewhere, but I could not locate it, nor did any of the other pilots I encounter, seem to know where to find this info.

Please advise!

P.S. I wanted to start a new topic under the "Cliffs of Dover TOBRUK" forum titled "TWC Tobruk TEST SERVER Questions" but I could not find the means to do so, which is why it is listed under "New Stuff" chain of messages.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=256]

EXCELLENT!

I was just on the server and TAB-4-6 resulted in the following message:

*****Blue is attempting to overrun Scegga No3 Airfield with ground troops and clear all enemy ground units from the area. Blue must support and Red must try to repel the ground attack (44 min.)"

Now if only I could determine this info so it would help me to choose which airfield to spawn at  Big Grin

Keep up the excellent work gentlemen!

(09-02-2020, 03:34 PM)Padre Wrote: "REMAINING RED PRIMARY OBJECTIVES:
*****Blue is attempting to overrun Scegga No3 Airfield with ground troops and clear all enemy ground units from the area. Blue must support and Red must try to repel the ground attack (44 min.)"
Spoke too soon ... when I went to support the ground troops at Scegga No3, there were no attacking forces. I decided to go and hit an axis base just to unload my 2 x 250 pounders. When I approached the enemy bases, I received no blue icons indicating axis involvement so I searched out some fuel storage tanks by Bardia and dropped my load there and then proceeded to RTB. Once at base, I ran the TAB-4-6 which resulted in the following return:

Red has 11 attack vehicles occupying the target airport (500 m); Blue has 29 attack vehicles/artillery in the area surrounding (3500m.
Red has 11 attack vehicles occupying the target airport (500 m); Blue has 29 attack vehicles/artillery in the area surrounding (3500m.
Red has 12 attack vehicles occupying the target airport; Blue has 29 attack vehicles/artillery in the area surrounding."

Again it would be good to know what "the target airports" are.

I dont know if this is the right place to post this question :
How can I get the passwords to fly the Tobruk TWC servers?

(09-07-2020, 05:19 AM)Aquila Wrote: I dont know if this is the right  place to post this question :
How can I get the passwords to fly  the Tobruk  TWC servers?
+1

(09-07-2020, 05:19 AM)Aquila Wrote: I dont know if this is the right  place to post this question :
How can I get the passwords to fly  the Tobruk  TWC servers?
we are still testing at this stage to ensure everything works as it should.should be available to everyone shortly