Create an account

Can’t log in to TWC Genghis Khan Server

I’ve been trying to log into the TWC server the last few days without any success. I can log in to other servers just fine. It’s only TWC that doesn’t work. It takes a minute or two to get to 20%, then a few seconds to get to nearly 100%, then it stays there until it eventually losses connection. 

I’ve tried both by PC and my laptop with the same results. I can log in to other servers but not TWC.

Any idea what the problem is?

(10-23-2023, 06:43 PM)Volant_Eagle Wrote: I’ve been trying to log into the TWC server the last few days without any success. I can log in to other servers just fine. It’s only TWC that doesn’t work. It takes a minute or two to get to 20%, then a few seconds to get to nearly 100%, then it stays there until it eventually losses connection. 

I’ve tried both by PC and my laptop with the same results. I can log in to other servers but not TWC.

Any idea what the problem is?

Hey Volant_Eagle, the server has a long wait to get in; it needs to be fixed by the server's administrator, but in the meantime you can still get in, it's just a long wait. I just got in: it took 17 minutes to get to the map, another minute to get a "clickable" flag and into the cockpit of my selected aircraft. The campaign is almost over; Blue is winning, so most of the airfields are destroyed (unable to be selected), but here are still some available, that's assuming your flying Red, otherwise you have a plethora of Blue airfields to choose from.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=256]

(10-25-2023, 11:14 AM)Padre Wrote: Hey Volant_Eagle, the server has a long wait to get in; it needs to be fixed by the server's administrator, but in the meantime you can still get in, it's just a long wait. I just got in: it took 17 minutes to get to the map, another minute to get a "clickable" flag and into the cockpit of my selected aircraft. The campaign is almost over; Blue is winning, so most of the airfields are destroyed (unable to be selected), but here are still some available, that's assuming your flying Red, otherwise you have a plethora of Blue airfields to choose from.

Thanks. Is this a recent issue for everyone? I think it’s been a couple weeks since I’ve been on the server and this wasn’t a problem for me before.

I suppose I could keep trying, but whenever I leave it loading I always get a “lost connection with server” message after roughly 15min.

I was thinking maybe the map was over given how bad things were getting for Red. However, I was still seeing people on the server so I assumed that couldn’t be the case quite yet.

(10-25-2023, 02:20 PM)Volant_Eagle Wrote:
(10-25-2023, 11:14 AM)Padre Wrote: Hey Volant_Eagle, the server has a long wait to get in; it needs to be fixed by the server's administrator, but in the meantime you can still get in, it's just a long wait. I just got in: it took 17 minutes to get to the map, another minute to get a "clickable" flag and into the cockpit of my selected aircraft. The campaign is almost over; Blue is winning, so most of the airfields are destroyed (unable to be selected), but here are still some available, that's assuming your flying Red, otherwise you have a plethora of Blue airfields to choose from.

Thanks. Is this a recent issue for everyone? I think it’s been a couple weeks since I’ve been on the server and this wasn’t a problem for me before.

I suppose I could keep trying, but whenever I leave it loading I always get a “lost connection with server” message after roughly 15min.

I was thinking maybe the map was over given how bad things were getting for Red. However, I was still seeing people on the server so I assumed that couldn’t be the case quite yet.

This is a very dynamic, complex, server …. There AI air battles going on all the time, there are AI ground wars going on all the time, then throw in the unpredictability of the breather pilots who join the array …. I can’t even begin to imagine the complex code that the administrators have to deal with, not to mention trying to have a personal life outside of keeping the server going. I know that the current server has gone beyond anything we’ve thrown at it before …. the Blue front is almost to Canterbury, and the Blue team have captured several of our airfields. In the past, whenever we have stretched the limits of the server beyond what was predicted, one of the anomalies that develops is the slow connect times.

I am not a server administrator, and know little about coding or setting up missions, but what TWC_Fatal and TWC_Flug have done here goes far beyond anything any of the other servers are capable of, and from the brief conversations I’ve had with TWC_Flug, when things get to the extremes like they are now, it becomes a learning experience for him as well. So be patient, the current campaign is to end once the Blue team successfully claims Canterbury and holds it for a period of time, then the win will be announced and the server will be reset for whatever next campaign TWC_Flug has in mind for us. Typically, when a new campaign begins, everything runs well for several months as the teams push the fronts towards a shoreline. Once the front begins to work inland is when we begin to see some of these anomalies begin to happen i.e., long wait times.

Until a win is announced and a new campaign begins, simply be patient and enjoy the action as much as you can once you’ve made it into the server.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=256]

Hi all,
26/10/2023
since yesterday the server has been working perfectly.
Thank you Mr. Flug and fatal!

I tried and was able to log in today! Took maybe 5 min tops from my laptop (and wifi at work). Hopefully that will also be the case when I can get back to my desktop.

It certainly is impressive what they’ve been able to do with this server. I’m rather new to playing on servers but I don’t know of any others quite like it. Hopefully they’re getting some insights into why things bog down late campaign.