Create an account

new missions

put new missions here for consideration

(10-28-2019, 12:16 AM)Fatal_Error Wrote: put new missions here for consideration
1st thing that comes to mind was my favorite (one of) ATAG mission where himmler & Goebels get in a car accident and are wandering the French country side, you have to sneek deep into enemy territory to attack a well guarded target. They can be bombed, or strafed, but are not a map rolling target, just for fun. (& points)

HArd part is finding two guys having a picnic near a windmill, or barn.Fun part is blowing them hell...

(All the while there is a German counterpart mission to race against.)

2nd, Hitler overseeing invasion at French Point!
(always gets me motivated...)

3rd, SHips! I wont be able to die happy until I can get the best of one of those German Minesweeper/destroyer thingies!  (note, there is a track file glitch re: ships, they are never where they are supposed to be in the replay...)

[quote pid='223' dateline='1572277639']
1st thing that comes to mind was my favorite (one of) ATAG mission where himmler & Goebels get in a car accident and are wandering the French country side, you have to sneek deep into enemy territory to attack a well guarded target. They can be bombed, or strafed, but are not a map rolling target, just for fun. (& points)

Hard part is finding two guys having a picnic near a windmill, or barn.Fun part is blowing them hell...
[/quote]

OK, this is in the most recent version of Campaign Server.  Each side has a target to find--a group of the General and his aides are near one of the primary objectives.  

Some people, some cars and military vehicles, and (the giveaway if you get close enough to see it), they have several tables set up to eat lunch and (at the same time) play a quick game of chess.

Not sure if these are going to be too difficult for people to find, because . . . they're pretty small.  But they're in every mission and near one of the primary objectives.

That is simply superb!  Is the location random with each "map timer cycle" or each "side objectives successful roll of the map"?  I wonder if a bonus could be applied like extra swift promotions to those within 10miles of the target when it is destroyed - similar to the bombing raid "point share system"?

(02-11-2020, 06:32 PM)Mackers Wrote: That is simply superb!  Is the location random with each "map timer cycle" or each "side objectives successful roll of the map"?  I wonder if a bonus could be applied like extra swift promotions to those within 10miles of the target when it is destroyed - similar to the bombing raid "point share system"?

They're taking care of some business near one of the primary targets, so they are always in that general area but they move around within that every day (ie, every time the session restarts).

Then when your side turns the map and gets new objectives, you'll find a new General & staff doing some other business somewhere near one of the new primary targets.  But again, they'll likely be in a slightly different location each day.

(02-21-2020, 04:20 AM)Flug Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 06:32 PM)Mackers Wrote: That is simply superb!  Is the location random with each "map timer cycle" or each "side objectives successful roll of the map"?  I wonder if a bonus could be applied like extra swift promotions to those within 10miles of the target when it is destroyed - similar to the bombing raid "point share system"?

They're taking care of some business near one of the primary targets, so they are always in that general area but they move around within that every day (ie, every time the session restarts).

Then when your side turns the map and gets new objectives, you'll find a new General & staff doing some other business somewhere near one of the new primary targets.  But again, they'll likely be in a slightly different location each day.
Do we still need to low level recon, get photo back home then we can go and destroy.........getting that all done near a primary with flak is going to be very risky and some my not want to lose there career for it.................

(02-21-2020, 04:29 PM)Birdtail Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 04:20 AM)Flug Wrote:

Do we still need to low level recon, get photo back home then we can go and destroy.........getting that all done near a primary with flak is going to be very risky and some my not want to lose there career for it.................

On this one, once you take the photo, you're golden.

The General is near the objective, but not **that** near as a rule.  You can fly around at fairly low level without being in very serious flak, in my experience.

Of course you might get unlucky and they are parked right next to a flak battery.  But as a rule, they're not.

Also, I don't know but I wonder if it would be a good idea to try to cover the area with medium or even high-altitude recon photos (not the Tab-4-9 type but overflying and using the 'screen shot' functionality at highest possible zoom), then take some time to look at the photos on a nice big screen to see if you can spot the General's location.  That might be a better option then fairly low level overflights and just looking, which is the other option.