the quality of the default was awful.

So I tried a 1080 preset designed for YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-kYDIOaMII

The above was 10/28/19 Campaign

Then I tried what was called Ultrafast 60fps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z4kxaEWe-w

The above was today, 10/30/19

I dunno, the Youtube preset is very choppy,
the UltraFast, maybe, it is hard to see with my old video card...

Your opinions Pls.

It is pretty hard to tell.  The text on one seems clearer - in particular the red/orange text. 

When testing, change one variable at a time - in this case the preset.

It's probably better to record the same part of a track file, using each format/preset - so you can tell the difference.

Google your graphics card software too, most have their own recording elements these days - so you could bypass bandicam altogether.

(10-31-2019, 12:54 AM)Mackers Wrote: It is pretty hard to tell.  The text on one seems clearer - in particular the red/orange text. 

When testing, change one variable at a time - in this case the preset.

It's probably better to record the same part of a track file, using each format/preset - so you can tell the difference.

Google your graphics card software too, most have their own recording elements these days - so you could bypass bandicam altogether.

I think this is the best Bandicam can do...

Here is Mackers covering me warming up,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXHQiqg83x4

And then me trying to cover his Ass,

I don't know what happened,
must go to different views and see how The F I shot down a 109 in a Hurricane!

That started off with 6 109's, then became nearer 15+ !

Great flamer chap, well done Smile

That episode gave me neck ache.

Dave, I'd try using OBS. Personally I think its better than BandiCam, and its also opensource an free off the bat. + No watermark
https://obsproject.com/

I like OBS but its not easy to like it.  I still get that damn foreground window and the larger window behind. I just cant seen to get it to record the game only.  Contemplating uninstalling it. Trouble is, evidence indicates that the damn thing should work and its the only thing that seems to record one picture from VR instead of the binocular effect.

When I used OBS, I noticed it didn't like CloD due to the 3 layers of the game.  From memory (a couple of years ago) there was the Black Layer, the Map Layer and the game environment layer.  OBS seemed to mostly find the Black Layer for me, some times the map layer and rarely the game environment layer.

There was a method, similar to being in the plane on the field before setting up the capture - I honestly can't remember the exact process - however I do remember having a fair few IL2 1, IL2 2, IL2 3 (etc) settings where I had a ball ache getting it to capture the right layer.  In the end, the settings were named gfjklfgjkdgjkd (etc) - due to the frequency of having a problem.

It had zero problems with any other game from EvE Online through to Arma or WreckFest - just CloD - I'm guessing it's behaving similar in the current IL2 version too?

There was some posts on ATAG for OBS a couple of years back, it might be worth a check on there - see if the old CloD process of OBS capture works in the current IL2 version.  Some got it working flawlessly - I was not one of them.  These days I just use my GPU software to record - but it lacks 95% of the options OBS has.

thanks guys, I downloaded OBS but never opened or installed it.
Just don't have much time these days,
Hope to fly with you soon.

Dave Wrote:thanks guys, I downloaded OBS but never opened or installed it.
Just don't have much time these days,
Hope to fly with you soon.
 I had trouble with obs too at first  really its pretty nice   once set up       to record things    set it  up then  turn on your recording and stay in the pilots seat for about 45 sec to a min   don't go to any other views   then while your still in the pilot seat  turn on the OBS   it gets hold of the correct layers  or what ever the heck it needs and you can then go to other views etc    Karaya is a good one to ask about it if you have questions  too .  it took me awhile to figure out what frames per second and things to use   I try to go highest quality I can on the recording   etc      then I edit it with pinicale  and then off to you tube

I make bad videos but I have fun doing it so  oh well         TGIF